Inspiration: Healthy Easter Food & Activities for Kids
Easter brings with it lots of happiness for kids. They get to spend time with extended family and family friends, enjoy exciting craft activities, participate in Easter hat parades and Easter egg hunts and celebrate with lots of yummy food. Finding a healthy balance amongst it all is possible whether the Easter bunny delivers chocolate or not. Incorporating fruits and vegetables into your activities regardless of whether you eat them or not all helps build positive food associations and encourages exposure and acceptance to a range of healthy foods – especially important for fussy and picky eaters. Enjoy a happy Easter everyone!
Like all our inspiration posts we asked the One Handed Cooks community on our Facebook page for their ideas and inspiration:
“What healthy Easter treats or Easter activities do you have planned for the kids this week?”
Here are some great suggestions with links to some of our own recipes:
2. Cook carrot cup cakes or a carrot cake
4. Plant some carrot or other vegetable seedlings – the Easter bunny LOVES carrots 🙂
5. Paint or dye hard boiled eggs
6. Make fruit bunnies
8. Make Easter hats/bonnets
10. Eat and enjoy fish on Good Friday
11. Treasure hunts using plastic eggs filled with little non-edible gifts e.g. bubbles and stickers
12. Easter plaster painting craft
13. Potato stamp painting (choose potatoes that will look egg shaped when cut in half)
More INSPIRATION posts:
BUY the latest One Handed Cooks Magazine in Coles and all good Newsagents Australia Wide.Join us on Facebook for other foodie bits and pieces.