Healthy Dips For Kids
I had a dip-tastic day yesterday, creating 5 healthy dips and a tomato sauce. My kitchen looked like a bomb had hit it, and due to a blender explosion everything now tastes just a little bit like basil pesto… but it was oh-so-worth-it for the result.
There are a few good reasons to get into the dipping spirit:
- Dips hide goodness and vegetables so fussy eaters are none the wiser.
- Little kids love to ‘dip’ so you can introduce a range of new flavours and textures in a non-confronting way.
- Homemade dips are cheap and simple to make, not to mention delicious and contain no nasty additives or preservatives.
- The fun element of ‘dipping’ encourages kids to eat raw vegetable sticks as their ‘dippers’ without even realising it.
- Dips make a wonderful sandwich base. Use them instead of butter, for a flavour and nutritional boost.
- Dips transport well, so they are perfect for the travelling lunchbox.
So, here are my 5 healthy dips. You can adapt these further to make them your own.
A few other dips on the blog:
And, the sauce:
I would love to hear about your favourite healthy dips.Join us on Facebook for other foodie bits and pieces.