Pick ‘n’ Mix Savoury Muffins2012-08-25
- Servings : 12
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Everyone loves a muffin, don’t they? Well Harry does. So I decided all my savoury muffin variations should be pick ‘n’ mixed because they are absolutely ideal for using up leftover veggies. It is a Saturday after all, and while my Saturday’s used to be about long lunches, they are now all about clearing out the fridge. Aren’t they?
Wine tonight I think.
Nutrition Note: Savoury muffins can be a fun and healthy way to get fussy eaters to eat their vegetables.
Tip: Freeze muffins for school lunches, they will slowly defrost in the lunchbox just in time for lunch and also act as a cool pack to keep other food fresh.Join us on Facebook for other foodie bits and pieces.
- 3/4 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups plain flour, sifted (try wholemeal)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Pick 'N' Mix (Add at least two of these)
- 1 carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 zucchini, peeled, grated
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion, gently fried
- 1/4 cup finely sliced leek, gently fried
- 2 tbs fresh herbs, finely chopped - e.g. chives, parsley, thyme
- 1 small can corn kernels or 1 fresh corn cob
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup grated capsicum
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 2 - 3 rashers of bacon, finely chopped, gently fried
Pre-heat oven to 180. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, oil, milk, egg and pick 'n' mix ingredients. Add the sifted plain flour and baking powder, folding in gently until just combined.
Spoon mixture in to a lightly greased 12-hole muffin pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or cold. -
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
13 people rated this recipe