Reindeer Poop (Gift Tag Printable)2012-12-17
- Course: Snack
- Servings : 35 balls
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 10m
Reindeer Poop edible gifts and free gift tag printable
FREE CHRISTMAS e-BOOK: 12 yummy Christmas inspired recipes and a free printable to help create a healthy balance. Click to download your copy HERE. Merry Christmas everyone, we hope it’s a jolly one – OHCs x
There are some really gorgeous edible gift ideas for Christmas. This is our cheeky version. The kids will love giving these to friends and family for a little Christmas giggle. Reindeer Poop is made of dried fruit and rolled in coconut then popped in a bag, jar or box – you can use our free gift tag printable to print, cut, and stick, paste or tie.
- Experiment with your favourite dried fruit.
- If eating the reindeer poop right away, consider filling the centre with a raspberry or blueberry. The burst of fresh fruit would be delicious!
Nutrition Note: Santa’s reindeer munch mostly on plant food (carrots, leafy greens, apples and water are high up on the menu during their Christmas Eve journey), so its only natural they leave behind little bites full of goodness.
Gift Tag Printable: simply download our Free recipe eBook to find your Reindeer Poop gift tags.
More Christmas Recipes
- Banana strawberry candy canes
- Strawberry swirl icy ‘North’ poles
- Christmas apple sandwiches
- Santa strawberry hats
- Gingerbread men
- Reindeer poop
- Christmas tree pita bread
- Watermelon Christmas trees
- Banana snowmen
- Salt dough ornaments
- Christmas cookie tree
- 100g pitted dates
- 100g raisins or sultanas
- 35g craisins
- 35g dried apricots
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1tbsp + 2 teaspoon cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 tbsp rolled oats*
- 2 tsp fresh orange juice
- ½ cup desiccated coconut plus ½ extra for coating
- *Note: omit the oats if you requite gluten or wheat free.
Place all the dried fruit in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until finely chopped -
Pour boiling water over chopped fruit and leave for a minute -
Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the extra coconut) and blend mixture until it forms a paste -
Place the extra coconut on a plate. Remove blade from processor bowl and begin making small balls of mixture. Roll the balls in the coconut to cover -
Your reindeer poop can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week. -
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe