Pick ‘n’ Mix Bircher Muesli2012-10-04
- Course: Breakfast
- Servings : 2 cups
- Prep Time : 1:30 h
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 5m
Muesli has always been my favourite for breakfast. Except when I was pregnant with George when nothing beat sourdough toast with vegemite! Soaking the muesli overnight is a nice variation and gives it a yummy creaminess and softness that the little ones might enjoy. Instead of the muesli soaked in juice, traditional bircher style, we’ve soaked it in milk for extra calcium, protein and vitamin B2.
This muesli is perfect for pick ‘n’ mix options – whatever is in your pantry will be perfect.
Join us on Facebook for other foodie bits and pieces.
- 1 cup oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup of pick 'n' mix chopped or crushed nuts, seeds and dried fruit*
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 apple or pear, grated (or 1 small banana, mashed or 2 tbsp fruit puree)
- Pick 'n' Mix - choose your favourites
- Nuts – pecans, almonds, walnuts, hazlenuts, macadamias
- Seeds – linseeds, sunflower, chia, sesame, pepitas.
- Dried fruit – sultanas, apricots, dates, raisins, sultanas, cranberries.
- *We used pecans, flaked almonds, linseeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and sultanas
- Note: choose appropriate textures for your child
Combine oats, cinnamon, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, milk and yoghurt in a bowl. Soak in the fridge overnight. (The mixture at this point will keep for 3 days in the fridge) -
In the morning stir through the grated fruit. -
Top with extra nuts or fresh berries if desired. -
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
6 people rated this recipe