Pick ‘N’ Mix Fruit Oat Smoothie2014-04-30
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 5m
Pick ‘N’ Mix Fruit Oat Smoothie
We love to pick ‘n’ mix ingredients when cooking food for our kids. There’s no need to do the last minute rush out to the shop to buy a missing ingredient when you could simply use what’s already in your fridge or freezer. Our pick ‘n’ mix fruit oat smoothie is the perfect, nutritious on-the-run breakfast or snack option for busy, active and growing kids (and adults too of course).
Nutrition Note: Oats add all-important whole grains to your smoothie, making it a nutritious breakfast or snack option.
This recipe was featured in the One Handed Cooks Magazine Issue #1. Yep, you can buy it online while stocks last here. For more great recipe ideas pick up the latest mag today in Coles and all good Newsagents.
You will find heaps more great Pick ‘N’ Mix recipes in our national magazines. To find out more or to purchase online see the links below:Join us on Facebook for other foodie bits and pieces.
- 1/2 large ripe banana
- 1 cup milk
- 2 heaped tbsp of Greek/natural yoghurt (or flavoured)
- 2 tbsp of rolled oats
- Optional: 1 teaspoon of honey if you are using Greek/natural yoghurt
- Pick ‘N’ Mix options (choose one of the following):
- ½ cup fresh or frozen berries
- 1 mango, peeled, flesh removed and roughly chopped
- 1 orange, peeled and roughly chopped, removing all white pith
- 1 peach, peeled, flesh removed and roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh pitted cherries
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
Combine all ingredients together in a blender. -
Blend until you have the desired consistency. Serve. -
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe