Pick ‘N’ Mix Quinoa, Oat & Cacao Cereal2014-03-06
- Yield : 2 1/2 cups
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 5m
Our quinoa, oat and cacao cereal builds on our already delicious breakfast collection. It’s one for the quinoa lovers and is packed full of all things good. Pick n mix your kids favourite ingredients to suit all tastes, allergies and ages.
Note: Increase the quantity of oats and decrease the quantity of quinoa puffs for a milder tasting cereal.
Nutrition Note: One for the quinoa lovers, this cereal is high in protein, nutrient and antioxidant rich and is sure to give you plenty of energy to power through the day.Join us on Facebook for other foodie bits and pieces.
- 1 cup quinoa puffs
- ½ cup rolled oats (omit for a gluten free cereal)
- ¼ cup cacao nibs (optional)
- Pick 'N' Mix Ingredients
- ¼ cup nuts e.g. almonds, walnuts, cashews, pistachios, macadamias (optional; crushed, chopped or whole depending on preference and age)
- ¼ cup dried fruit e.g. sultanas, raisins, apricots, dates, blueberries, cranberries
- ¼ cup seeds e.g. pepitas, sunflower, chia, sesame seeds
- Note: choose age appropriate fruit and nuts for your child. Whole nuts pose a choking risk.
Chop or crush the nuts and chop the dried fruit if required.
Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl and store in an airtight jar or container. -
Serve with yoghurt and/or milk with added fresh fruit as desired.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe