INSPIRATION: Refreshing Foods for a Hot Summer’s Day.
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when you want to feed your kids something refreshing and healthy on a hot summer’s day? When we get stuck for inspiration there’s no one better to ask than the community of One Handed Cooks on our Facebook page << join us today.
Earlier we asked, ”What healthy foods do your kids enjoy on a ‘hot hot day’”
Here are our favourite of the fab responses for your own inspiration, and we’ve linked some of our own favourite fussy eater articles that you might like to read.
20+ Refreshing Foods for Your Kids to Enjoy
- Frozen grapes
- Watermelon icy poles
- Homemade ice cream using frozen fruit
- Frozen pineapple and coconut skewers
- Homemade fresh juices (freeze leftovers in little cups or icy pole moulds) e.g. Pineapple, Ginger & Mint, Watermelon & Apple.
- Healthy dips with carrot and celery sticks
- Fruit smoothies
- Fruit skewers
- Seasonal fresh fruit salads: berries, melons, nectarines, peaches, grapes etc.
- Salad sandwiches
- Fresh salads
- Icy poles made from pureed canned peaches
- Frozen canned pineapple rings
- Frozen orange slices
- Frozen mango
- Frozen fruit or fruit smoothie icy poles
- Frozen peas and corn
- Cold cucumber sticks
- Cold soba noodles with julienne carrots and cucumber
- Home made fruit sorbet
- Watermelon juice: watermelon, mango, frozen berries and a little yoghurt blended together
- Frozen drops of puree apple
- Chopped tomato
BUY the latest One Handed Cooks Magazine in Coles and all good Newsagents Australia Wide.Join us on Facebook for other foodie bits and pieces.